Plantain fries!


I made these today and they were deliciously potato-like. I got the idea and was too lazy to google it so there may be a better way to do it...but I doubt it. ;) (I have seen baked plantain fries and they're just okay...). I decided to wing it, and this is what I came up with...a beautiful plate (or not so beautiful due to my lack of food photography skills) of salted, tasty fries.



  • Use green plantains, not sweet ones. If I'm feeding just myself I only use one plantain, if I'm feeding two, I use two..easy enough, right?

  • Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and add a generous amount of oil. I love avocado oil for these..works perfectly for me every time.
  • Peel the plantains and slice into desired fry-like shape.
  • Place the plantain fries, single-layered in the skillet, flipping occasionally until they turn golden-brown or your desired crispiness.


  • Sprinkle in sea salt.
Done. 

Comments